Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A bit of catching up










The past week has been filled with a bunch of riding, one race and and some red rock. I have been trying to get some long rides under the belt lately. I got a loop in on the Arizona Trail out to Fisher Point and down one of my favorite descents around Flagstaff. The photo that shows singletrack coming from the right side is the bottom of the descent. The photo is taken from Fisher Point which is the top. Yampa (our dog) still enjoys diving under the bed to hide or play. Apparently 65 pounds properly dispersed makes a slim and trim dog. Yesterday I hoped on the Coconino and headed out to ride to Sedona via the Old Munds Highway and Schnedbly Hill Road. It is about 49 miles from here and Anne was going for a run down there so we met up for lunch and I got a ride home. I posted some random photos from the trip. I was excited to find very little snow and mud along the route. Old Munds Highway is still closed to motor vehicles so I was not sure what I would find back there. When I got to the lower part of Schnebly Hill I found out that is was being graded and was really nasty with soft dirt and huge rocks all over the place. Apparently this is improving the road but I would tend to disagree. I was taking it pretty easy but managed to roll into the Wildflower Bakery parking lot right at 4 hours. Good stuff, next time I will leave earlier and turn around and ride home.

No comments: