Thursday, August 28, 2008

The past couple of days






The past couple of days have pretty much been the standard day here in Flagstaff for me. I have just been riding and doing things around the house. After Monday's stormy weather and the mysterious white stuff on the mountain I decided to see how muddy some of the trails were on Tuesday. The trails were in pretty good shape surprisingly but I did find a bunch of hail from the day before which made me nervous and thinking of the winter cold that will be coming in a couple of months. As my ride was winding down with only the descent of Schultz Creek left before heading home I snapped a photo of the Coconino and the increasing clouds over the peaks. Then I boogied to make it home before the rain and lightning. On the way down I went through the only section of Schultz Creek that I have known people to flat on and sure enough I managed to rip a hole in my rear tubeless tire. After messing with it for 15 minutes and refusing to put a tube in it I made a run for home hoping that the sealant would hold for another 20 minutes. It did and I arrived home before the rain. Yesterday afternoon I decided that my two bikes had been neglected as far as cleaning goes so they both got a bath. I also realized that my saddleless Turner has been neglected beyond the needing of a bath and will probably ride it today and will head up Elden as penance for the neglect.

No comments: