Tuesday, September 30, 2008

As September winds down...




The end of September has ushered in some real Fall weather and lighting but it is still really nice out in the woods. I have been trying to ride a fair amount lately and will be heading to Show Low this coming weekend for the Tour of the White Mountains which is a mountain bike race with varying distances. I, along with my neighbor Jerrod, will be competing in the 60 mile race which is the longest option but you get the most riding for the entry fee. This past Saturday was the Pines to the Mines ride that starts at the Pay'nTake in downtown Flag and goes via dirt road, FS roads and singletrack to the old mining town of Jerome. It was a great event that attracted some great participants. The Pay'nTake is a great contributor to various outdoor sports with their support in various ways. They often have free food and beer pouring out of the side of their trailer and the Pines to the Mines was no exception. Yesterday I rode up into the Inner Basin and saw the Fall colors in full effect up high. It was really amazing. It was the first time I have been up there this year that I had to throw a jacket on for the way down. It is about that time as I have been saying. Yesterday afternoon Anne and I made it to the nursery to buy bulbs for planting today and we picked out 50 bulbs of different varieties. We then ended the afternoon at Mountain Sports to get me a ski pass for the upcoming year. 399 is a good deal for the preseason price of the pass. Ski in Flag and ride in Sedona. I guess that's not so bad....

No comments: