Thursday, October 9, 2008

Better late than never...



It seems sometimes that things move at a different pace here in Flagstaff. I have recently ordered multiple items from one particular bike shop here in town and in multiple instances have been told 3 or 4 days and it has turned in to 3 weeks to receive my order. Most recently I ordered a bike rack for the truck and wanted to have it before the Pines to the Mines race/ride a couple weeks ago. I was promised that it would be here during the week before the ride. Of course it did not show up so I borrowed a rack and looked forward to the following week when I would surely get it before the Tour of the White Mountains. The White Mountains trip came and went with the borrowed rack still attached to the truck. Well yesterday I called down to the shop and the rack was actually there. I was so amazed that I installed it and threw my Coconino on it and snapped a photo. I have also included a photo of everything I pulled out of the garden this week with hopes it will ripen inside the house. It looks like the cold weather is blowing in for the weekend. I checked the forecast out and it shows 20 percent chance of snow in town on Sat. and Sun. I think I will be heading to Phoenix for the last race of my season on Saturday and then back up the hill to some hunkering down through the weekends cold weather and probably watching some football and baseball. Have a good weekend and go pedal something.

No comments: