Monday, August 3, 2009

Another week has past









Well over the past week I went hiking a few times and riding a few times and not much more to speak of beyond that. Shortly after the photo with Yampa and me was taken on the Kachina trail we ran into a mama bear and two cubs which was a treat. I got back out on the Turner for the first time in a while. I really like riding the Coconino but the Turner is a lot of fun also and easier on the body when the lower back is sore. I rode it to Upper Brookbank for an awesome descent on one of my favorite sections of trail around. On my way home I can across a field packed with sunflowers and some others that I am not sure of the name. Yesterday I rode up Elden and got some great views out toward the Painted Desert and toward the Peaks. This weekend I decided to try an interesting pancake recipe from Backpacker Magazine that uses beer for the liquid. PBR seemed like the quintessential beer for the job and with some frozen blueberries thrown into the batter breakfast was served. Yum yum!

No comments: