Friday, November 20, 2009

A day in the life








Yesterday I decided that the east side of Elden was calling my name so I took off headed for the AZT via Forces of Nature. The weather on that side of the mountain is seemingly always five degrees or so warmer and it proved to be so yesterday. Recent moisture has the trail conditions in pretty good shape and the AZT was super fun all the way back around to Campbell Mesa. Once I got back into town I rode the ol' FUTS to the new Revolution Bicycles to grab a t-shirt from Randy and check out the space. The shop is on Mike's Pike in a really cool old warehouse. Many bigger cities that I have been in have warehouse districts that are being converted into different businesses such as housing, retail, etc. such as Bend, Kansas City and Denver. Walking into Revolution felt like walking into a shop somewhere else with a new, good vibe (although there is very little currently in the shop). Randy and C.J. don't have a specific date to open yet but are starting to dial everything in and are finishing the last bit of construction. Hopefully Revolution does well and can break into the Flagstaff bike shop market by offering a different better experience.

1 comment:

denise garro said...

Happy holidays....hope you and Ann are well....just wanted to say HI...I am riding this weekend in Sedona...call if you want to go.....Hi to Ann....D