Thursday, November 5, 2009

Guess what I did today





The other day the doorbell rang and when I threw the door back it was the Gnome bearing gifts. He had in his hands a book entitle Lance and a couple pair of Drunk Cyclist socks which were gratis courtesy of DC. Today I decided that I would wear a pair of the socks for the first time and to show my appreciation I headed out for my favorite section of trail in the Flagstaff area and snapped a photo of said socks. I then headed out to do some exploring and found a sweet little used single track and followed it down hill. I soon realized why it was little used. It doesn't go anywhere! I hopped off the bike and started hiking in the general direction of Jedi and soon I was atop a hill where a tree with a bizarre fire scar was looming. Realizing that I was probably a short distance from the trail I pushed on and low and behold Jedi. I started pedaling again and some fun downhill later I was back at home. The little bit of winter we had last week is a distant memory due to the high 60's we've been seeing this week. I'm glad to be fending winter off for just a bit longer. The weather looks like it will hold at least through the weekend so get and enjoy it. It is a sure cure for the blues.

No comments: