Sunday, June 14, 2009

Out of order back from the mother land








While living the dream I sometime forget stuff. Before we went to Vermont I loaded Yampa and a bike into the truck and headed to New Mexico. I had a visit with the parents and a bike race on the agenda. The race was fun and it was good to ride where I grew up but I was still mid cold and felt pretty crappy so that was the only ride I did while I was there. My dad and I headed up to the old Los Alamos reservoir that was drained after the Cerro Grande fire to be used as a catchment for flood waters that came down the canyon. I used to go up there all the time when I was younger to fish and just hang out (not to mention some misbehaving in the high school years) do to it's close proximity to town. It is amazing how much more water is around that area compared to Flagstaff because everything else is so similar. Yampa had a good time swimming in the small pond that was still there while Sierra looked on to make sure everything was alright. My dad always seems to have dog treats in his pocket and can get the dog's attention pretty quick. There were tons of wild rose bushes along the road amongst tons of green, green vegetation. It was a good trip home. Oh I almost forgot that I clean some crap out of the shed and came across this Coors Classic cycling cap from the early 80's. We used to catch a couple of stages every year on our family trips to Colorado when I was a kid. Good stuff.

No comments: