Monday, June 22, 2009

A pictureless CABRA post

Well this weekend was full of riding and I don't have a single photo to put up here. A 95 mile "touring pace" ride to the Grand Canyon on dirt followed by a race back along the same route was the schedule of events for Saturday and Sunday. I felt that the race back part might be out of my league but wanted to ride back in some fashion so I pack up camping gear in my panniers and had them shuttled out to the campground for me. I was planning on ride back about half way and camping out then returning home today. What ended up happening somewhere along the wind pummeled route home is that I decided to just put my head down and keep on pedaling all the way home. Good food, beer and a bed were too much to pass up. The trip back ended up taking about 8 hours including a couple road side naps, a picnic and an Eskimo Pie in the lovely town of Valle. The only bad part of my plan was that had I made the decision to head all the way home earlier I could have ditched the panniers and not had to carry the extra 20 pounds home. Oh well I would up with around 95 miles on Saturday and about 71 miles on Sunday. 166 miles for the trip is not bad for this guy. On a side note the festivities for CABRA were top notch in my opinion. Great support, great food, great beer, great attitudes and ample quantities of all the aforementioned items. The folks at the Pay'n Take have come up with and pulled off another fun event.

No comments: