Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Vacation post 1-Idaho







A couple of weeks ago Anne and I headed out with Idaho and Montana as our vacation destinations. The idea was for me to do some riding around Sun Valley while Anne did a few hikes and then we would head to Glacier National Park to hike a bunch together. I got plenty of riding in but easily would have taken more. The riding up there is pretty amazing and different from Northern Arizona. I hit up as many of the local favorites as I could including Bald Mountain, Greenhorn Gulch, Sunnyside/Shadyside area, Fox Gulch, and Fisher Creek. I do have to say the the Fisher Creek loop is probably the funnest trail that I have been on in a long time. It is just an amazing trail with long sections of descending that flow through a huge burned area with very surreal scenery. The trail eventually opens into a huge sagebrush filled basin that more or less signifies the end of the trail. When the trail reached this point I found myself thinking NOOOOOOOOOO.......... I really didn't want that ride to end even though I am sure I had a gigantic smile on my face. Now the rest of the details. We stayed in Ketchum and explored it quite thoroughly from grocery stores to restaurants to the bike shops. I think Anne and I agree that Ketchum is a pretty damn nice place.

No comments: