Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Gettin' riding while the gettin' is good






This past week I have been able to get on the bike quite a few times. There has been some talk over on drunkcyclist.com about the 24 Hours of the Old Pueblo as of late so I figured I better be one of those folks that is at least psuedo getting ready for it. The Gnome has assured me that I will be riding under the DC banner so I figured I would throw on the new jersey and get outside. I decided to head up one of my new favorite trails for the occasion and was not disappointed. I did come across a big old tree that had been knocked over during our last bit of bad weather. It is a reminder to be aware of your surroundings because trees come down all the time. This tree down on the trail has an equally deadly brother right next to it that is waiting to come down at any moment also. Today I headed out in hopes to find some aspen trees with their leaves golden but my route over to where I was hoping to get took too long so I had to cut it short. I did end up riding the Sherlock trail which I don't get to very ofter and it sure was sweet. I did manage to find a little pocket of aspen that was pretty nice. Hopefully sometime in the next week or so I can get over to FR418 and head back on the AZT to check out the colors.

No comments: