Thursday, October 14, 2010

Only one trail for the rest of my life









My wife ofter asks me if I only could eat one food for the rest of my life what would it be? I often answer with a question of my own. Can the food be made up of multiple different items (i.e. pizza or burritos) or can it only be one thing (i.e. tomatoes or beans)? This question has had me pondering the dilemma of having to ride one specific trail for the rest of my life and just which trail would that be? I have to start with a disclaimer that states the trails in and around Northern Arizona are excluded. It is very hard to think of trails around home in this dilemma because I am fortunate to get to ride them all of the time but this fact takes the freshness of the trails away. Sooooo.....without further ado I present my selection thus far in my riding life to be the Fisher Creek Loop in between Ketchum and Stanley, Idaho. This particular loop starts with a bit of a climb on a forest road and then once the trailhead is reached the singletrack is unleashed. The top section is super fast and very surreal as the trail travel through a burned area and then continues to rip though amazing forest with a mellow creekside climb sandwiched in the middle. I rode this trail last summer and it still puts a smile on my face to think about. I literally wanted to yell noooooo........!!! when I knew that the ride was coming to an end.

No comments: