Monday, October 29, 2007

Salt, Piles and Safety




I was getting ready to go riding on Saturday and I pulled my helmet and gloves out of the closet and I realized that I had been riding a ton but not really cleaning any of my gear. I had begun creating a salt mine on my helmet straps and in my gloves that I probably ought to wash one of these days. While riding the trails in Fort Valley it is very easy to notice evidence of prescribed fire activity from the past and current projects. I snapped a photo of some large burn piles that the trail winds through on the section close to the Snow Bowl road. Hopefully we get some good snow this winter so they can burn these monstrosities. The last item of the days is just something to pay attention to while recreating especially in these fire areas and areas with lots of dead trees. Weakened trees fall down all the time and people get hurt and killed from them. People need to be aware that even though they're having a good time outdoors that it is not a controlled environment. The high winds a couple of weeks ago brought down trees on the trails all around flagstaff including the most popular of the trails, the Humphey's Peak Trail. Be careful in the woods because YOUR SAFETY IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY!

No comments: