Wednesday, October 31, 2007

A couple days worth...




Well I have actually been doing a few things starting on Sunday with a hike up Humphrey's with good friend Robert who was on his way back from the backcountry of the Sierra heading to Tucson and decided that he had to check Humphrey's off his list since he has lived in AZ forever but never been up to the top of the state. I should have some pics of the hike but he took the photos and I did not get them off his camera before he left. Monday afternoon I went to an interview which is why I took a goofy self portrait of me wearing a tie. I have not been to an interview since college and it definitely showed by how crappy the interview went. It is a fire job that I am fully if not overly qualified for but doubt highly it will be offered to me. I should know tomorrow one way or the other. I decided to start running again to cross-train for some additional leg and cardio strength and I ran yesterday for a total of just over three miles and today I went riding and thought my hamstrings were going to blow out of my legs. Hopefully tomorrow I can get a long ride in and my legs will feel better. I put a photo of Anne and my jackolantern's in to wish everyone a Happy Halloween! We had a bunch of little kiddos trick or treating tonight which is a big change from the 3 kids we had total in Tucson for the entire time we lived there. Nothing like handing out a bunch of sugar (the white devil) to the future of this country. I can't blame em' though because for those of you who don't know me I have a bit of a sweet tooth I just choose not to eat the candy these days. I was over at Steve Garro's house/shop today hanging out talking bikes and giving him some measurements for a bike he will be building for me. He is pretty much a stud being a former endurance mountain bike racer before being hit by a car. He has been building bikes for awhile and after he was hit had all his tools adjusted so he could still weld and build bikes. He seems to always be in good spirits and making the best of everything. If anyone happens to be reading this check out his web site at www.coconinocycles.com.

No comments: