Sunday, November 4, 2007

Back from a weekend in Tucson





Well I made it back from Tucson relatively unscathed today after a good weekend. I went down on Friday with a quick stop in the greater Phoenix area at Mcdowell Mountain Park to ride the Pemberton Trail. I was just checking it out to see if I wanted to register for the Dawn to Dusk race on December 1st out there. I then continued down to Tucson and drank a couple of beers and ate sushi with friends David and Michelle. Saturday held a bunch of packing, a ride at Fantasy Island and a good Beyond Bread breakfast with David, then off to the Bookman's 30th Anniversary Party at Reid Park with Michelle. Bookman's owner threw a free party with a feature performance by Calexico with Salvador Duran and Mariachi Luz de Luna. The show was outstanding and there were at least a couple of thousand people there. Today I came back to Flagstaff and brought the pressure cooker and all the green chile from the freezer up and promptly put it all to good use. Yum Yum. Waiting for me when I got home was my new seatpost for my road bike. Thomson makes some really pretty and strong stuff. This is to replace my crappy carbon fiber post that I have now. My words of advice if anyone is looking for a new post. Go with a Thomson, period.

No comments: