Thursday, November 1, 2007

The Pay'nTake

Tonight I headed down to the Pay'nTake (the best place to drink a pint in Flagstaff) and I took the only seat open at the bar and much to my chagrin I was able to strike up a conversation with Bryce who owns AZ Bikes (a local Flagstaff bike shop) and we proceeded to drink a couple of beer and discuss bikes and bike racing and various local bicycle personalities most of whom I do not know at this time but I have only been in this town for a short while. Keith, who was pouring us beer, is apparently the future of Flagstaff triathletes and I found out that just about everyone who frequents the Pay'nTake rides a bike. As the night progressed my conversation with Bryce took on two main topics. The first was who was better Lemond or Armstrong. Bryce arguing for Lemond and me for Armstrong due to reasons that we both thought out weighed each others. The second topic was that local bike builder Steve Garro is just a bad ass. He has had much more contact with Steve but his sentiments were right on with the opinions that I have formed which are basically first impressions. I am not sure which of the old saying falls into place for the people of this town but it is one of the two. Cyclists with drinking problems or drinkers with cycling problems. Take your pick and have a good night.

No comments: