Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Mud, mud, mud some rest and a squirrel




Today I pulled the Turner out of the garage since it was a balmy 55 degrees and sunny here in Flag and headed out for the trails. I had made it about 1 mile on pavement when the mud started and continued until I was spit out onto the gravel in Buffalo Park which was totally saturated and it felt like riding through wet concrete. The end of the road in BP transitioned into more three inch deep mud single track that was, what I imagined, just the beginning of the slop. At this point I decided just to make a u-turn and head for the main road back home. Today was day 8 on the bike so I just decided to clean up the Turner when I got home and call it a rest day. The biggest tree squirrel in the world was busy gathering food while I was in front of the house and I was worried that it would carry any small children away that happened across it's food gathering past.

No comments: