Monday, April 14, 2008

Back from Moab






We just returned from a weekend in Moab. It was really a great trip and Anne had a good time running the Moab Marathon where she came in just over 4 hours. The weather was pretty crappy when we first got there on Thursday afternoon and on Friday so I just hung out in Moab and relaxed then on Saturday the weather got really warm and after the marathon while Anne was recovering at the hotel I took off for the Slickrock Trail from the hotel. Sunday brought even warmer weather and after breakfast and walking around to tire Yampa out a bit I took off from the hotel for a long loop up the Sand Flats access road to Porcupine Rim Trail and around back into Moab. Porcupine Rim is a sweet ride, of course Slickrock is one of a kind also, and it was not very crowded. On the Slickrock Trail it appeared that a lot of people were in a bit over their heads. I guess that people don't take the difficulty ratings very seriously because it is so famous and hell it's just smooth rock right? The views from the red rock were just amazing. The La Sal mountains with all of the fresh snow plus the contrast of the rock was incredible. I took a few pics. One from the Walnut Canyon Trailhead on the AZT before we left of trash then all pics from Moab. Some from Slickrock, some from the hotel of Anne and Yampa, some from Porcupine Rim and one of me after the ride with a little dirt on my face. Good times. I was feeling a bit of Northern Arizona pride as I was riding to the trails because of all of the Colorado license plates on the cars that were headed up to same place, after all it is about 2 miles to the Slickrock Trail from town.

No comments: