Wednesday, April 23, 2008

More riding and more trash



Yesterday I took off on a long road ride and was giving beautiful weather (minimal wind), great scenery and a bit over 4200 feet of climbing over 66 miles. It was a tough ride but the last long, hard ride before this coming Saturday's Whiskey Off Road. Today I rode the singlespeed with Anne and saw lots of trash so I grabbed an empty can and stuffed it in my pocket. It appears that people who leave all their trash in the woods also drink crappy cheap beer. This PBR can might be the best type of beer represented by the trash out there. Later in the afternoon I picked up my Turner from Bryce at AZ Bikes where it was for a fork rebuild due to some old worn out seals. I noticed it spewing a bit of oil last week and needed to get it done before I leave on Friday. Tomorrow I will ride it for awhile and make sure everything is in order then I will try and rest until Saturday morning. I pulled out the bread pans for some vegan pumpkin bread making when I got home from the grocery store. You can't beat a little semi guilt free dessert in the evening followed by some sleepy time. Good night.

No comments: