Monday, April 7, 2008

Return to Bloggerville a.k.a F**k it I'm leaving my bike here and walking home






I have returned to the land of the computer and am posting and am updating my blog for once. I have been not been up to much over the past couple of weeks except for some minor landscaping, moving dirt and rock in the area of the prospective garden, riding and hanging out with Anne and Yampa and some special guests occasionally. My friends Ed and Josh were in town last week and we met up for a couple of beers and Anne's parents came individually for some quick visits. I have been riding some of the AZT, Campbell Mesa trails, Lower Oldham, Rocky Ridge, Elden Road, Ft. Valley, and an attempt at Schultz Pass Road which turned very snowy at the top. Schultz Creek Trail appears to be a long way from being ridable due to the fact that the entire upper portion is actually the creek and will probably need a lot of work when the water is lower. I signed up for the Whiskey Off Road in the 50 miles race at the end of the month which should be brutal but I am trying to put the work in now so I can finish the Cascade Cream Puff in June. I will continue to pick up trash at a one piece every ride pace with make up days of multiple pieces when I forget to grab a piece (like on some road rides). I got a new pack for riding that actually can carry a days worth of stuff so that in a month or so I will be better prepared to spend a good chunk of time on the bike. I will probably be back to posting a bit more frequently if so motivated.

No comments: