Thursday, May 29, 2008

Why punish myself?




Some times I wonder what in the heck I am doing. Today I was wondering just that as I was pedaling slowly up the Mt. Elden road dripping with sweat and feeling like my heart was going to blow up. I figured out why pretty quick when I got up to the ridgeline and junction with the Sunset Trail. Here are some photos of today with the Sunset Trail, the towers on top of Mt. Elden, and the San Fransisco Peaks. My ride went from the Sunset Trail down Schultz Creek Trail to the Little Gnarly Trail then down Pickle (which I rode for the first time and was scared a couple of times) to the top of Lower Oldham and back through Buffalo Park. Last weekend we were in Durango for the Iron Horse Bicycle Classic. The road race was cancelled due to snow up on the top of the passes but they let people transfer their registration to another event. I thought I would throw down in the time trial on Monday so I rode to the start and lined up on my road bike with all sorts of aero bikes with lots of carbon all over. I wound up in fifth which was middle of the pack in my category but that is good with me. We hung out with my Brother's family all weekend and went to some of the other Iron Horse events and a carnival at the fair grounds so we kept busy chasing after the girls. It was a good time and spring in Durango was definitely beautiful with all of the vegetation bright green.

No comments: