Sunday, June 15, 2008

I think there was some moisture this winter




I left home this morning at about 9 a.m. headed for the high country on my Turner. I was only barely out the door when I thought to myself wow it is actually hot out today. Then I got lucky. The majority of the way up Schultz Pass and the Waterline Road it was fairly cloudy and about 10 degrees cooler than when the sun was out. I took the first picture within a half mile of the cabins (downhill) along the Waterline Road. It was amazingly green I could not believe it. There were plants that were like green carpet combined with the brilliant green of the aspen leaves to make it very surreal. I snapped a photo at the top of the Waterline Road where just two weeks ago I could not even access because of the snow. The last photo is of one of the shitty Maxis Larsen TT tires that I have. I have owned three of these and they have all formed these massive air bubbles in the casing. One of the tires was warranteed and I was stuck with the other two. Pure crap I tell you. Never again will I buy a Maxxis tire of any type. Plus when you use their email contact form on their website they never get back to you. At least with the crappy Specialized tires that I have dealt with lately they have an unconditional warranty. You just take them back to the shop and they give you another one that will be great for about 200 miles until the sidewalls get thousands of little pin holes in them.

No comments: