Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A bit more wandering in the desert




Early Saturday I loaded up the car with the one speed in its new and improved state. The new fork and crank sure make a load of difference. The fork corrects the geometry close to what it was meant to be and the crank replaced one that had a non-drive side arm loosening problem. So off to White Tanks to the first race of the season. I promptly got my ass kicked but had a decent race anyway. I felt good, it was really warm and the trails were great. They gave t-shirts away but they did not even have a date on them so mine went to Goodwill with some other old shirts. Today I wandered around the Dry Creek area in Sedona on the Coconino. It just so happened that it was the first time on the Coconino in Sedona. I wound up somewhere I hadn't planned when I tried to get from the Lost Watch Trail to the Deadman's Pass area and it took me quite awhile longed that I thought it would. I ran into private property, a golf course and a trail that took me way up past where I wanted to be. I ended up backtracking to the Dry Creek Road, flatting, and meeting up with Anne an hour and a half late. She was starting to worry but luckily she hadn't reported me missing yet. I was having a great ride after all.

No comments: