Thursday, January 15, 2009

Mmmm.......red dirt




It has been relatively warm here in Northern Arizona the past week and Anne and I decided to head to Sedona yesterday to get a taste of the red dirt. I had just installed my new fork on my old Ibis Mojo one speed so I needed a test run and Anne wanted to go for a long run with Yampa. I rode up the Bell Rock Pathway to the Mystic Trail on to the Submarine Rock area to Chicken Point. Once past Chicken Point I headed down the Little Horse trail to the Llama trail and then back to the car in the Village of Oak Creek. It was all good and the fork is great but the perpetual crank arm loosening problem was finally too much. My old Race Face crank from '96 is getting swapped for a new SLX crank. I will give my first impression of it after this weekend down at White Tanks in Phoenix. Next weekend it will be off to Tucson for SingleSpeed AZ '09. Big fun with good people in the desert.

No comments: