Friday, January 9, 2009

The holidays are over



Well it sure has been awhile since the last post but we've been fairly busy. We were in NM for Christmas but I forgot the camera so I could not document the festivities. We traveled around and saw a good portion of my NM family. We had a good time and it was really nice to see everyone. When we got back Anne decided that she would like to have nordic skis so we both decided to pick up a pair. We purchased them and promptly decided to check out Hart Prairie Road for a little ski in the falling snow. It is pretty fun and a good workout to top it off. Anne has been a couple times since then but I have been up at Snowbowl teleing instead. I miss being on the bike but will be down in the desert some in the upcoming weeks so that will be fun. I have begun sorting through old crap in the garage and will be slowly getting rid of stuff that I was sure I couldn't live without. To start will be some fire t-shirts (and misc. others) that I will be posting some photos of as a way of parting with them. Lots of hard work and some good memories in those shirts. I sorted through a bunch of old owners manuals last night and came across a sweet Rock Shox manual from 1998, took this picture and promptly recycled it.

1 comment:

Christi said...

I have one of those Dinosaur Nat'l Park shirts. My sister Becky followed in my dad's foot steps and worked there as a Ranger. She then transferred to Charlestown Navy Yard in Boston. I wasn't sure if you remembered that my dad worked for the Nat'l Park service. I have been lucky to see a lot of them. That's why I was in NM, before being swept away to MS senior year. My sis and dad have both fought fires out west. They brought back some incredible picts. What an adrenaline rush. This is a fantastic website. I didn't realize that you were so interested in Mountain Biking and outdoor sports. That's what living on the mountain isolated will do for ya. You are such an eloquant writer and good photographer. Good to see that you are doing the things that you enjoy. It is easy to get caught up in the cycle of work and kids and forget to enjoy all that is there. Definitely the cure for insanity. Christi Weems Howell