Monday, January 12, 2009

I wouldn't call it being sentimental...well maybe





The past couple of days I have been riding the trails of the desert. Saturday I was at White Tanks with my neighbor Jerrod and Sunday I rode the Templeton/Baldwin Trail combo down in Sedona. Both rides were phenomenal but of course I did not have a camera to document the outstanding conditions and warm weather. At home as part of the grand garage and house organization project I have begun to sort through things. I have decided that I would get rid of a bunch of my old work t-shirts and other miscellaneous shirts. I figured I would just take a photo of each different type of shirt (multiples exist of the same work shirt) and that would have the same value with less space. I also decided to post the photos here (a Steve Garro of Coconino Cycles idea) and tell a bit about them. I figured that would be good therapy and allow me to part with t-shirts. The first shirt today is from the Asheville Hotshots where I worked for a season and was fortunate to see a lot of the south and upper midwest that I never would have seen on my own. The second and third are from my 3 seasons as a wildland fire engine captain at Dinosaur National Monument. The Fish and Wildlife shirt is due to the crew being interagency and we were actually station at a wildlife refuge. Northwest Colorado is a really beautiful place and hardly anybody ever goes there with the exception of Steamboat Springs. The last shirt came from the Yeti factory when it was in Durango. They actually made their bikes there. I am fortunate to have come to love mountain biking as a sport when it was young and it seemed much more a grassroots type of movement. Cheers!

No comments: