Thursday, March 13, 2008

Road bike???


Today Anne and I spent the afternoon running errands and not doing much else. I was going to ride today but I don't feel quite right and wanted to give it a day to ensure that I do not get sick. This morning I took Yampa over to the Schultz Creek/Rocky Ridge Trailhead so that she could do some adventuring off of the leash to see how she would behave. She was really good while we were alone, my only concern is when people and other dogs are around she runs straight for them and won't come back to me if I call her. The Rocky Ridge Trail is in fair condition some sections are bone dry but others are still under a couple feet of snow. Hopefully this weekend's weather does not add to the existing snow cover in the lower areas. I have been exploring some local road riding the past couple of weeks and yesterday rode out the nordic center which was pretty fun with a good grade out there. My road bike is aging gracefully at a little over 3 years old with a few thousand miles on it but this year it is needing some attention so I bought a new cassette and chain and decided to upgrade to a better wheelset which I just mounted a new tire on the front wheel today and rode it around in front of the house. I then took it off, put it back in the wheel bag and put the old one back on. I am waiting until I get a tune up and then the new stuff goes on the bike. It has got to get warm for good soon. Think sun.

No comments: