Monday, March 17, 2008

Winter has returned



This past weekend saw the winter weather return which is not a welcome sight to a lot of people who want to be outside in the warmth cycling or running or sitting out drinking coffee. The winter weather brought some stellar road conditions on the interstate to the west of Flagstaff as there was a pile up with some ridiculous amount of vehicles involved. All of the injured were transported to Flagstaff Medical Center where Anne just happened to be waiting because she was working all day yesterday. Busy, busy at the ol' hospital. As for me I am still trying to fend off a cold that is just barely hanging on. I am trying to get some good trainer rides in and not make myself worse. Today there if was sort of clearing up but with a good wind and cold temperatures so I decided for some therapeutic kneading of some dough. I made a experimental loaf of oatmeal bread and it came out looking good. While I was doing this Yampa was living the dog's life half asleep under the coffee table. I am going to attempt to ride the trainer this afternoon while watching the Paris Nice race that we recorded from yesterday's broadcast. My plans for later in the week include some fun in Sedona on Wednesday and then to Black Canyon City on Thursday for some warm weather on the new Black Canyon Trail which is supposed to be an awesome trail. It has just recently be rated as one of the best trails in AZ by Bike Magazine and since it is supposed to be 78 in BCC on Thursday I am heading down.

No comments: